Help Yahoo Be a Better Place For Auto Chess

What do you think about the forum? Any Mistakes? Any Comments? Any Suggestions Pls
Prima

Help Yahoo Be a Better Place For Auto Chess

Post by Prima »

Dear Forum members,
This problem I'm about to address requires the co-operation from the various ICS Team programmers and since I wasn't sure which section to post this topic, I decided to post it here - hoping it can be read by all. If this does not the appropriate section to post what I'm about to discuss, I apologies in advance and hope that this discussion can be moved to the right section.

We have enjoyed autochess (atleast I have) and the competition it poses in Yahoo. Last year when I was not a member of this forum, I use to enjoy watching these autochess competitions in Yahoo....and there were lots of Autochess players back then, some of which I (we) haven't seen in ages. Over the months, we all have seen a steady decline of the good-old autochess players in Yahoo advance lounge. Where have these good autochess players gone to? Other sites including Playchess.com. Most of them I try to talk to, if my connection in playchess is ok for that day, want to come back but hate the current problems common in Yahoo which I'll briefly describe.

The problems I see creeping in, and poisoning Yahoo, (advance Lounges) are so many that I don't know where to begin but I'll make a start somewhere. One of these problems that has somewhat contributed to the decline of Yahoo autochess players is the Autoboot Feature. While the autoboot feature, to the best of my understanding, is inteneded for protection and to keep people of nuisance at bay, most autochess players now use it as a device to autoboot potentially competitive opponents. In other words, if you beat someone at a game, these happy-go-autoblacklisters will add you to their blacklist because they'd rather not face the good-old challenge but instead, want to use it to play humans. Autobooting and/or Blacklist feature was also added to ICS emulators to boot or blacklist "Lobby-Flooders" - all intended in good faith.

This, of my own oppinion, has contributed to the decline of many good autochess players in Yahoo because the autoboot feature is in the "wrong hands" of irresponsible and immature autochess players who don't understand that life isn't about winning all the time but, equally, how you handle failure if and when it happens. There is an old adage that says: "If you fail, Try again till you succeed". These immature autochess users obviously do not think of the consequences of their actions and how it negatively impacts our hobby and Yahoo....and happily blacklist and autoboot strong opponents. As a result, most of these good players have migrated to playchess.com, chessok.com or other autochess websites - all trying to find good competitions without worrying about being blacklisted and autobooted for just being a strong opponent.

Fellow autochess members, these dwindling of Yahoo-autochess players is a warning to us. Let us initiate and take active measures to restore Yahoo back to the good old days when Yahoo was full and lively of various competitive players. Lets make that effort to bring those good players back to Yahoo. This can be accomplished if our ICS Emulator Programmers (YaY, STUCI, YtoICS) can take away the autoboot features - to prevent those "Happy-Blacklist-Autoboot" guys that are prevalent in Yahoo from further ruining Yahoo by driving away the few good players left in Yahoo with their autoblacklist/autoboot features. Assuming we are all like these happy-autoboot-blacklist guys I just decribed, what's the point of going through the trouble of buying a good PC, buying the best chess Engine(s), making your own books, etc and not find anyone to play with? Assuming we're those happy-autoblacklist-autoboot guys, what's the point of even logging in to yahoo to play when all the good competitors are gone? Who will we play with? Would we be happy to win all the time because all the players we now play are weaker (and some use chessbuddy)? Personally, I like to win as well as lose (as this reminds me to improve) but I'll never, till I die, boot an opponent for beating me. This is my motto and my level of sportmanship

I could go on an on with the various problems now plaguing the Yahoo autochess world but you all get the idea. Matematiko & YaY Team is considering releasing yet another Fixed YaY and has asked us for oppinions to incorporate in the new YaY. Let us take this chance to vote against the autoblacklist-autoboot features. Hopefully, the STUCI Team - zappa_engine and the YtoICS Team may also ask us for any special features to be added/taken out and we can let them know of these as well. If these "Yahoo-Problem(s)" I've discussed made any sense, please go to the YaY section and voice (or vote) your opinion.

Note: By no means I'm I implying that our ICS Emulator Programmers are responsible for the autoblacklist-autoboot problems now plaguing Yahoo. Rather, I'm saying that what our kind programmers intended to be used as a good and protective feature is now used by those immature and irresponsible autochess-users who hate a healthy competition, wants to win all the time, and would rather use autochess to play humans (without informing them) than play a potential challenging program.

Thank you Autochess Members.

Prima
Last edited by Prima on 14 Oct 2008 21:57, edited 2 times in total.

titanchess

Re: Help Yahoo Be a Better Place For Auto Chess

Post by titanchess »

Dear friend prima,

we discussed this issues over the board and i agreed with you that yahoo auto chess is in big crisis and that we must take
some steps in order to get back old sportmanship to yahoo. Here i must say that i worned my friend dene in advance that
auto black list is very bad thing to do. We must get together i mean all of us to change something at yahoo. I just logged
in at autochess to say this, u can ban me again matematiko and dene, but this is very important issue u forgot to think of
in advance.

goran

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

Prima,

I do agree with what you are saying about when people use the Blacklist/autoboot feature to avoid playing strong opponents, ..this is not good.

However there are positives as well as negatives for having the ability to blacklist. The problem with yahoo is there are also a lot of undesirable people in there, some who are sick in the head! Cloners, flooders and other unwanted individuals who come to your tables talking rubbish, throwing insults, even being racist etc etc. Having the ability to blacklist these sad people is a good feature to have. Maybe without this feature some players might stop playing in yahoo because they get fed up with having to keep booting people who come to their tables insulting them and their opponents.

When used in the right way (to avoid the yahoo undesirables) the blacklist autoboot feature is a very good option to have, unfortunatly we cant control how others use this feature.

Im interested to hear what others feel about this, maybe we should run a poll to see if people prefere to have the blacklist feature left in or not. Either way, this will at least be discussed amoungst the YaY team before the next release of YaY.

mocha_1961
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by mocha_1961 »

dene wrote:Prima,

I do agree with what you are saying about when people use the Blacklist/autoboot feature to avoid playing strong opponents, ..this is not good.

However there are positives as well as negatives for having the ability to blacklist. The problem with yahoo is there are also a lot of undesirable people in there, some who are sick in the head! Cloners, flooders and other unwanted individuals who come to your tables talking rubbish, throwing insults, even being racist etc etc. Having the ability to blacklist these sad people is a good feature to have. Maybe without this feature some players might stop playing in yahoo because they get fed up with having to keep booting people who come to their tables insulting them and their opponents.

When used in the right way (to avoid the yahoo undesirables) the blacklist autoboot feature is a very good option to have, unfortunatly we cant control how others use this feature.

Im interested to hear what others feel about this, maybe we should run a poll to see if people prefere to have the blacklist feature left in or not. Either way, this will at least be discussed amoungst the YaY team before the next release of YaY.

sorry to say that the blacklist wont work at all a 100%. if a player has hundreds of ids that you dont know, he will always be able to play you even if you blacklist his id but hasnt blacklisted the rest of his hundreds of ids. and why blacklist anyone in the first place. if they come to your table and you dont like them, just boot them, that simple. but if you are on auto and sleeping, well, you cant stop them to kibitz the worse kibitz you can see, and wake up later and see their kibitzes. if you are this sensitive person and take it too personal then watch out your blood pressure will rise. cheers. NO TO BLACKLIST. this is just a game for gods sake.
No matter how strong and dedicated a leader may be, he must find root and strength amongst the people.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

mocha_1961 wrote: sorry to say that the blacklist wont work at all a 100%. if a player has hundreds of ids that you dont know, he will always be able to play you even if you blacklist his id but hasnt blacklisted the rest of his hundreds of ids. and why blacklist anyone in the first place. if they come to your table and you dont like them, just boot them, that simple. but if you are on auto and sleeping, well, you cant stop them to kibitz the worse kibitz you can see, and wake up later and see their kibitzes. if you are this sensitive person and take it too personal then watch out your blood pressure will rise. cheers. NO TO BLACKLIST. this is just a game for gods sake.
Wait...wait...wait...hold your horses.... Autoboot thru a black list is to get rid of undesired people, people that you don't like for whatever reason....True, some players with bad sportsmanship will use it just to avoid playing against stronger players, but is not true that they can always come back with a different ID and play....that's why you have at your service the almigthy power of "formula" or whatever is called in the other scripts. Just set the maximum rating differential allowed you want and you are good to go. True, an unwanted person will be able to play against you as long as it complies with your desired rating but I dont see nothing wrong with this, after all we are complaining about the lack of players.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not in favor neither against the black list autoboot. As a matter of fact, the script I use since June does not have black list autoboot. I am not to get involve in discussing if it should be removed or not, but let it be known that I am willing to removed it only if the developers of the other scripts agree to do the same.

In a different topic, I don't agree that the blacklist autoboot is the culprit of the problem described by Prima. It is very obvious, but maybe some people have not realized that Yahoo is reporting the incorrect number of players in Advance Lounge and seems to be full all the time when in reality there is only a handfull of players.

If you create a shortcut in your desktop with the following content:
http://profiles.games.yahoo.com/games/a ... nedcab=yes
it will take you to Advance Lounge without the need of visiting stupid backboor sites.

Please observe the part that says "chess_adv" and the part that says "chat_pf_1", the first part is the room code, and the second part is the profile number, the profile number must match your default profile number.
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

flazz2008

Post by flazz2008 »

Hi all,

1st i wanna say im sorry if my english isnt good and wrong in perception.
Im agreed with mocha..autoblack list or autoboot features is not work 100% in yahoo chess, and personally i didnt like it coz im playing in yahoo for friendship and i wanna knows many people around world. I wanna sharing that happens to me in yahoo chess. a few days ago i played with id bigmean??? i forget the full id :crasha . and i cant beat him ( using aks books thx sunny :ok ) and he tells many undislike words...and i ask why he mad and tells many bad words...and he said coz im beat him and he lose many points...from this my opinion is many people who had bad personalilty playing for points and they get mad if had beaten and lose many points. i've give him some understanding to him about playing on yahoo chess and he promises not to say bad words again to me , i hope for all yahoo player too :Bravo . i think if we can give they some understanding statement they will change themself. For me playing in yahoo chess beside for friendship is i wanna knows about chess and from there i knows about this forum and others forum that i've join..hehehe thx all. this forum have helped me to know people and many good man here. i think the sportsman on yahoo auto chess have to recovered to be a better places. its all my opinion..hope all my words can be accepted and good perception :D . i wanna say im sorry if there's wrong grammar in english.

PS : i wanna thx for all the members in this forum and others forum thats ive joined who have helped me much..and much thx for mocha and xsupx..

Cheerrrr :Bravo

Flazz

titanchess

Post by titanchess »

i wish you also to consider not alowing "boot command" at all, so if oponent of rating +- 300 sits at our
table we have to play because of autostart comand. I know this may sound like radical idea, but booting, avoiding
of play and black list became yahoo chess enemy number 1. We need drastic steps.

please tell me what u think of this idea.

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

matematiko wrote:
mocha_1961 wrote: sorry to say that the blacklist wont work at all a 100%. if a player has hundreds of ids that you dont know, he will always be able to play you even if you blacklist his id but hasnt blacklisted the rest of his hundreds of ids. and why blacklist anyone in the first place. if they come to your table and you dont like them, just boot them, that simple. but if you are on auto and sleeping, well, you cant stop them to kibitz the worse kibitz you can see, and wake up later and see their kibitzes. if you are this sensitive person and take it too personal then watch out your blood pressure will rise. cheers. NO TO BLACKLIST. this is just a game for gods sake.
Wait...wait...wait...hold your horses.... Autoboot thru a black list is to get rid of undesired people, people that you don't like for whatever reason....True, some players with bad sportsmanship will use it just to avoid playing against stronger players, but is not true that they can always come back with a different ID and play....that's why you have at your service the almigthy power of "formula" or whatever is called in the other scripts. Just set the maximum rating differential allowed you want and you are good to go. True, an unwanted person will be able to play against you as long as it complies with your desired rating but I dont see nothing wrong with this, after all we are complaining about the lack of players.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not in favor neither against the black list autoboot. As a matter of fact, the script I use since June does not have black list autoboot. I am not to get involve in discussing if it should be removed or not, but let it be known that I am willing to removed it only if the developers of the other scripts agree to do the same.

In a different topic, I don't agree that the blacklist autoboot is the culprit of the problem described by Prima. It is very obvious, but maybe some people have not realized that Yahoo is reporting the incorrect number of players in Advance Lounge and seems to be full all the time when in reality there is only a handfull of players.

If you create a shortcut in your desktop with the following content:
http://profiles.games.yahoo.com/games/a ... nedcab=yes
it will take you to Advance Lounge without the need of visiting stupid backboor sites.

Please observe the part that says "chess_adv" and the part that says "chat_pf_1", the first part is the room code, and the second part is the profile number, the profile number must match your default profile number.
My feeling is that prima raises here a wrong problem; a problem that just exists in his imagination! i've known adv lounges years ago ; they are always the same!
I agree with you matematiko! have a good day!

Prima

Post by Prima »

titanchess wrote:Dear friend prima,

we discussed this issues over the board and i agreed with you that yahoo auto chess is in big crisis and that we must take
some steps in order to get back old sportmanship to yahoo. Here i must say that i worned my friend dene in advance that
auto black list is very bad thing to do. We must get together i mean all of us to change something at yahoo. I just logged
in at autochess to say this, u can ban me again matematiko and dene, but this is very important issue u forgot to think of
in advance.

goran
Indeed my friend, Goran, now's the time to take those drastic measures and mend Yahoo before it's beyond the point of "no return" adverse-effects. Already, if you or any other autochess member logs on, there are barely up to 30 autochess program users! Could they, or, are they more autochess users?...Yes! but "these autoblacklisters" prefer to play against humans to ensure winning all-the-time than lose or draw against a similar program. Thanks goran for taking your time out to vote against these problems in yahoo.
dene wrote:Prima,

True Dene that the autoblacklist (and subsequent autoboot) was intended for good purpose - no arguments here. Infact, if you remember roughly 2-3 months ago while watching you, goran, and x_sally_x play, your table was flooded by a cloner - i saw this with my own eyes. But the chances of a table being i.e "flooded" repeatedly is slim or infrequent - implying that the severity of having no-good players we now experience in Yahoo outweighs these table-flooding. And yes, I'm against those "verbal abusers" who say the most foul things you can think off. In my opinion, dene, I'd rather have those good players(including you, goran, sally, matematiko, joe,dmhsa, distant worxx or rybka.power etc) back than bother about these table flooders. I think the benefits of having those players back outweighs the negativity of these trouble-makers.
Prima,
mocha_1961 wrote:sorry to say that the blacklist wont work at all a 100%. if a player has hundreds of ids that you dont know, he will always be able to play you even if you blacklist his id but hasnt blacklisted the rest of his hundreds of ids. and why blacklist anyone in the first place. if they come to your table and you dont like them, just boot them, that simple. but if you are on auto and sleeping, well, you cant stop them to kibitz the worse kibitz you can see, and wake up later and see their kibitzes. if you are this sensitive person and take it too personal then watch out your blood pressure will rise. cheers. NO TO BLACKLIST. this is just a game for gods sake.
Thank you mocha_1961. Atleast, just like goran and dene have stated, you too have seen the autoblacklist feature being used and abused by these immature persons who think that the only way to resolve differences in life (or autochess-life) is by autoblacklisting / autobooting a strong-formidable opponent. If everyone, hypothetically, are like these happy-go-lucky-autoblacklisters, our hobby and Yahoo will not survive. Infact, I get booted hundreds of times for winning and I' have to play that person again via an alias I.D - which also gets autoblacklisted because this "new I.D" won again. But I think we need to tackle the fundamental issues at hand which is taking the power out of these autblacklist immature and senseless abusers and restore Yahoo back to the days when it used to be hundreds of bountiful, mature and goodsportmanship autochess players.
matematiko wrote:In a different topic, I don't agree that the blacklist autoboot is the culprit of the problem described by Prima
Matemtiko, what I'm trying to say is If these happy-go-lucky-autoblacklisters blacklist all good strong players & programs, then who are they intendding to play against..humans? Because it seems to me that hese happy-blacklisters hate the fact that there are better programs than theirs and ,yes, it's their right if they don't want to play these strong programs...but by the same token, will it be right if they use their programs to play humans? I think it's a one-sided double standard and hypocricy be these *immature happy-go-lucky autoblacklisters". They hate to lose but it will be ok if another to lose to them, be it human or an autoprogram. The worst part is, they use it against humans and not against similar programs - in an effort to have those cheap-ill gotten win streaks boost their rating up. If they're there just to solely have points, then let them be the one who have to go elsehwere. We here go to yahoo to play for fun as well as, test our engines, books PC/CPU power etc. We can't let "these guys" ruin that for us.
flazz2008 wrote:wanna sharing that happens to me in yahoo chess. a few days ago i played with id bigmean??? i forget the full id . and i cant beat him ( using aks books thx sunny )
Hehe good for you flazz2008. I know the player you're referring to: bigmeangene. Yes, he's one of those who progs but won't admit it! Infact, I played and beat him with 3 seperate I.Ds and each got booted - just for winning! You see, these is the fundamental problem(s) I'm referring to and hopefully, all our AutoChess ICS Emulator Programmers can take out the autoblacklist feaures. If "these happy-autoblacklisters" don't like it, they can go to Playchess.com (hehehe) and be eaten alive by the predorminant 6,8-16 CPU PCs + strong book-makers that reigns supreme there. I'm sure when they've had enough "ownage" (not exactly an english word), they'll come running like blind bats to Yahoo.
titanchess wrote:please tell me what u think of this idea.
Fantastic! Goran, deducting from matematiko's earlier post, he's ready to remove this autoblacklist features but only if the other ICS Emulator Programmers will agree to do the same. I personally don't mind playing 1,300 + rating as long as he or she is also using an autochess program. I play for PC/CPU power, book power, and engine strength rather than for points.

Thanks all for your time to voice your opinions. Please let's keep fighting to make Yahoo a better place for Autochess programs

Prima.

Prima

Post by Prima »

titanchess wrote:My feeling is that prima raises here a wrong problem; a problem that just exists in his imagination
The problem "just exist in his imagination"?!! I'm only bothering to reply to you to prove a point: try playing autochess program users (not against good, known people like dene, gorn, matematiko, dmhsa, xsupremex) in Yahoo and win..see what happen next. You will get booted for sure! 'Don't believe me?... try playing players like:

gm_volkov(a YaY user) - he toggles between advance lounge 2 and 3.
gm_luciano(either YaY or chessbuddy user) - he or she also toggle between adv.lounge 2 and 3
lows21
beast_mmaster(a YaY user) also plays in adv.lounge 2 and 3
deepfritz_78(a YaY user) aka ultrafaststarkiller_rocketmail_cytoiks, ultrafastkiller, theserial.killer@rocketmail.com,he toggles amongst adv.lounge 1-3
dontbootmepliz OR marmotuss(a STUCI & YaY user) mostly in adv.loung 2 and some times in 1
afghanchessplayer aka afghan_male, mr_control_ymail_com(YaY user) in adv.lounge 2 and 3
chessy_master0 aka sir.chessy, sherwinfng etc (a chessy, YaY user) adv.lounge 1-3

Thes are just the few I can remeber at this moment. But play those autochess players I've publicly named, beat them and see what happens next.

By the way, long time & good players like our moderator dene, goran, mocha, distantworx, sally and lots more I can't remember for now including some of the new players see the problem plaguing Yahoo. Even I who used to watch autochess last year befor joining this forum this year see these problems. You claim to be a long time player but do not see the problem now prevalent in yahoo? Do your homework first before you decide to run your mouth to claim "it's in my imagination". Because if it's my imagination like you've stated, I guess the rest of these good players who've also seen these problems are delusional as well?!! Be careful about your words! Think before you spit out words and learn to be observant of things.

titanchess

Post by titanchess »

to all of my friends and those who arent but are strong competiors,

I urge u to see and understand what prima is talking about. Yahoo auto chess has DECLINED in quality coz
of ppl like moucha. Dene i know u for a year or 2 now, i want to countinue playing yahoo but the way situation
is now i will leave too. We talked about how yahoo is better than playchess many times but low life forms are deliberatly
using auto chess programs for refusing to play stronger oponents. U and the team have to do something or your
program will be used only by such ppl. Now is the time to act. i think sunny understands this problem very well
and probable he will also follow our conclusion...ALL IN YAHOO WELLFARE.

goran

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

Prima wrote:
titanchess wrote:My feeling is that prima raises here a wrong problem; a problem that just exists in his imagination
The problem "just exist in his imagination"?!! I'm only bothering to reply to you to prove a point: try playing autochess program users (not against good, known people like dene, gorn, matematiko, dmhsa, xsupremex) in Yahoo and win..see what happen next. You will get booted for sure! 'Don't believe me?... try playing players like:

gm_volkov(a YaY user) - he toggles between advance lounge 2 and 3.
gm_luciano(either YaY or chessbuddy user) - he or she also toggle between adv.lounge 2 and 3
lows21
beast_mmaster(a YaY user) also plays in adv.lounge 2 and 3
deepfritz_78(a YaY user) aka ultrafaststarkiller_rocketmail_cytoiks, ultrafastkiller, theserial.killer@rocketmail.com,he toggles amongst adv.lounge 1-3
dontbootmepliz OR marmotuss(a STUCI & YaY user) mostly in adv.loung 2 and some times in 1
afghanchessplayer aka afghan_male, mr_control_ymail_com(YaY user) in adv.lounge 2 and 3
chessy_master0 aka sir.chessy, sherwinfng etc (a chessy, YaY user) adv.lounge 1-3

Thes are just the few I can remeber at this moment. But play those autochess players I've publicly named, beat them and see what happens next.

By the way, long time & good players like our moderator dene, goran, mocha, distantworx, sally and lots more I can't remember for now including some of the new players see the problem plaguing Yahoo. Even I who used to watch autochess last year befor joining this forum this year see these problems. You claim to be a long time player but do not see the problem now prevalent in yahoo? Do your homework first before you decide to run your mouth to claim "it's in my imagination". Because if it's my imagination like you've stated, I guess the rest of these good players who've also seen these problems are delusional as well?!! Be careful about your words! Think before you spit out words and learn to be observant of things.
I'm not titanchess prima; wake up! and you are insulting me in your answer! what's wrong with you !babay!

jason1.methews

Post by jason1.methews »

Hi Prima, Goran

The goodwill you are trying spread should have not been been anticipated by people properly. I also wrote a similiar topic of degrading of Yahoo chess or better say yahoo engines chess. That topic was not this elloborative as this topic is and no response from any one, there were more than 80 views of that topic but none cared about it. The basic inference was that no one cared and no one will care. Before that topic my program use to play 20hrs a days(Goran, you know this) and after that it reduced to 2 hours and now none.

Remember the key words "You can change yourself but not others if you are able to change others than you are GOD".
Good Rating means a power on Yahoo chess and any one will do any thing for it....boot...slugging....eny thing and every what ever you think of. I also use to think like this as other people and boosted one of my id to 3500.

Change management is not every boddy's cup of tea. Changing for good depends on the definitions of what is good and what is bad and that depends on every one thinking.

Yahoo chess will change only after yahoo changes the code. sooner or latter. From captha less logging to catptha logging and now what. wait.............you might not say this again.

Enjoy...Cheers........!!!!
Sunny

titanchess

Post by titanchess »

Dear Friend Sunny,

when i found out that u got into programing reborn i was owerwhelmed because i know you to be one of the
best persons i met on yahoo ever. well now i dont want my emotions to get over me, but if i was u which iam not
i would seriously consider the following situation. You spend hours and hours programing with all good faith, but
final result of all the freadom u gave to final users is very questionable in a way they use that same freadom u
gave them in a very bad manner, making yahoo worse than it was yesterday. Now maybe is the time to rest
my case but all i did was in a good faith, no harm done maybe only trying to provoke u programers to rethink
this question. That also applies to ultimate team altho maybe i dont have the same status with them.

my friends and all yahoo players thats all from me, have a good night.

Prima

Post by Prima »

jason1.methews wrote:Hi Prima, Goran

<SPAN><SPAN>The goodwill you are trying spread should have not been been anticipated by people properly. I also wrote a similiar topic of degrading of <SPAN name="IL_SPAN"><INPUT type=hidden name=IL_MARKER>Yahoo</SPAN> </SPAN><A class=IL_LINK_STYLE style="COLOR: #ff0000; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ff0000 1px solid; TEXT-DECORATION: underline" href="javascript:void(0)">chess</A><SPAN> or better say <SPAN name="IL_SPAN"><INPUT type=hidden name=IL_MARKER>yahoo</SPAN> engines </SPAN><SPAN name="IL_SPAN"><INPUT type=hidden name=IL_MARKER>chess</SPAN>. That topic was not this elloborative as this topic is and no response from any one, there were more than 80 views of that topic but none cared about it. The basic inference was that no one cared and no one will care. Before that topic my program use to play 20hrs a days(Goran, you know this) and after that it reduced to 2 hours and now none.</SPAN>

Remember the key words "You can change yourself but not others if you are able to change others than you are GOD".
<SPAN><SPAN>Good Rating means a power on <SPAN name="IL_SPAN"><INPUT type=hidden name=IL_MARKER>Yahoo</SPAN> </SPAN><SPAN name="IL_SPAN"><INPUT type=hidden name=IL_MARKER>chess</SPAN> and any one will do any thing for it....boot...slugging....eny thing and every what ever you think of. I also use to think like this as other people and boosted one of my id to 3500.</SPAN>

<SPAN><A class=IL_LINK_STYLE style="COLOR: #ff0000; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ff0000 1px solid; TEXT-DECORATION: underline" href="javascript:void(0)">Change management</A> is not every boddy's cup of tea. Changing for good depends on the definitions of what is good and what is bad and that depends on every one thinking.</SPAN>

<SPAN><SPAN><SPAN name="IL_SPAN"><INPUT type=hidden name=IL_MARKER>Yahoo</SPAN> </SPAN><SPAN name="IL_SPAN"><INPUT type=hidden name=IL_MARKER>chess</SPAN><SPAN> will change only after <SPAN name="IL_SPAN"><INPUT type=hidden name=IL_MARKER>yahoo</SPAN> changes the code. sooner or latter. From captha less logging to catptha logging and now what. wait.............you might not say this again.</SPAN></SPAN>

Enjoy...Cheers........!!!!
Sunny
Hi jason1.mathews,

This can be resolved fairly well but a good line of communication must exist between our (and all) programmers: YaY, YtoICS, STUCI in order to achieve a level of desired results. I mean, the problem now dorminant in Yahoo has to be stopped, and fast!!...not because of my "personal needs" or anyone else for that matter, but for the benefit of the whole Yahoo-Autochess community. In my opinion, this may bring back long-gone good players to re-porpulate Yahoo like good-old times. You're also right about one thing: these changes can best be effective when Yahoo does their usuall habit of changing the Captcha System - rendering most, if not all, ICS Emulators useless so that the new ones released to the public has the autoblacklist feaures disabled from it (or them) for all types of ICS Emulators. Already, if you log in to yahoo, you barely see lots of autochess players anymore and majority of those you find in yahoo want to "hide" or "silence" their programs both in the table and in the lobby - in addition to these numerous happy-autoblacklisters.

Prima
titanchess wrote:my friends and all yahoo players thats all from me, have a good night.
Thanks titanchess. It's always an honor(U.S) or honour(British) to play with you and look forward to many more competitions. In addition, you and dene share your knowledge to players and opponents on how to make books, edit lines etc and these is greatly appreciated. We need many more good & helpful players like you, dene, dmhsa, sunny, aks2115, rybka.power('haven't seen him in ages), xsupremex (thanks for the visual polyglot-make book lectures) and lots of others who've unfortunately migrated to playchess.com, ICC etc. Sharing of knowledge amongst people is what makes these all worthwhile and ofcouse makes Yahoo a fun, professional place

Prima.