Petition for Opening Books Re-Arrangement

What do you think about the forum? Any Mistakes? Any Comments? Any Suggestions Pls
Prima

Petition for Opening Books Re-Arrangement

Post by Prima »

The newer sections just created today (March 31 2011); Book Tournaments and Engine Tournaments is a good idea. It further cleans up and organizes the forum.

On this premise, I have yet a minor suggestions specifically for the Opening Books section:

1. Instead of having just the "Opening Books" section by itself in which all books and various book-formats are lumped together, let's remove the "Opening Books" title and substitute it with individual book-formats for (a)CTG Opening Books Section (b)Polyglot Books Section (c)ABK (Arena) Opening Books Section (d)PBK (Shredder) Opening Books Section etc.

OR

2. We can leave the "Opening Books" title/section as it is and create sub-titles or sub-sections for each book formats mentioned above and move book-formats into their respective designated sections.

This re-arrangement for the "Opening Books" section or title allows for better & efficient navigation of various book formats and makes the section more organized.

Thanks in advance.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Petition for Opening Books Re-Arrangement

Post by Waldemar »

Yes Prima, all formats of books in just one Section was messing out the Opening Book Section. Then I renamed one topic there to Opening Book (Bin Format) and merged all bin books found in forum to that topic, same I will do to Opening Book (Ctg Format) topic later and so to Abk and Bkt books. Then later will be easier to find the right topics. All we have to do is put all books in these 4 topics:

Or make sections for each book format as you suggested.
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Ufffffffffff, check that Section again Prima, I was here for 2-3h working in that Section, merging same subjects, deleting useless posts, and moving topics and posts, I think it is really clear now. :D

Prima

Post by Prima »

XsupremeX wrote:Yes Prima, all formats of books in just one Section was messing out the Opening Book Section. Then I renamed one topic there to Opening Book (Bin Format) and merged all bin books found in forum to that topic, same I will do to Opening Book (Ctg Format) topic later and so to Abk and Bkt books. Then later will be easier to find the right topics. All we have to do is put all books in these 4 topics:

Or make sections for each book format as you suggested.
Sorry for the late response. I was unto other things after suggesting for a rearrangement of the Opening Books section.

I'm wondering if my status can let me also move the Opening Book related sub-topics to be categorized in the format suggested. I'll see if I can move and group these topics.

Prima

Post by Prima »

XsupremeX wrote:Ufffffffffff, check that Section again Prima, I was here for 2-3h working in that Section, merging same subjects, deleting useless posts, and moving topics and posts, I think it is really clear now. :D
XsupremeX, I saw your work done in the Opening Book section. Superb. Too bad I can't move them or rather my forum status won't let me. I got only 6 buttons displayed per post, which is either to edit, delete, warn, report, etc but not to move posts. Or I'm I missing something here? I've attached the options I have available to me pertinent to this matter.

Anyway, it looks like the Opening Book section still needs a total make-over. There are lots of sub-posts in the Opening Books section that still looks "too numerous" to the eye. Or littering around. I'm not criticizing your work & time XsupremeX. It is obvious that despite moving these sub-topics around in the Opening Books, it may not be neat or totally under control as hoped for.

I think option #1 in my suggestion might be better for the Opening Books section. It should group and categorize sub-topics effectively.

Just my opinion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Oh, what you are looking for is here, look the attachment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prima

Post by Prima »

Thanks XsupremeX. Honestly, I never peeked at these options but it does enable me to move topics. I'll definitely begin moving topics by early evening as I would have free time then.