STUCI Windows (A new pet project... !)

STUCI auto chess program for yahoo
zappa_engine

STUCI Windows (A new pet project... !)

Post by zappa_engine »

=====
01/28/09
STUCI Windows now supports newer Yahoo captcha login requirements.
STUCI_Windows_Source_080605.zip
=====
Well guys, I have not been as excited about working on an auto-chess program as I have in a while. Today, I have successfully compiled the Chessy source code and will be working on a future branch, to be named STUCI Windows. To avoid confusion, the former versions known as STUCI, a YtoICS branch in the past, will be renamed to STUCI Classic.

I've only rebranded this program so far. Let's see what else is to come in the future ;)
tabinterface.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNASSON_JMU
Concerning STUCI and why it's never really done... here's a metaphor: Instead of being a construction worker, I'd rather be an architect.
Losing too many games because of a slow PC? No problem, nUCI it!

mocha_1961
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: STUCI Windows (A new pet project... !)

Post by mocha_1961 »

good luck zappa for your big project. :ok :ok :ok
No matter how strong and dedicated a leader may be, he must find root and strength amongst the people.

zappa_engine

Post by zappa_engine »

Okay I need a todo list. I get a lot of ideas in my mind and then forget them as I think of more, so I'm writing them down here. It's also to give people an idea of what to expect coming from this project.

-The change log-
Change textbox background color to something non-black so things are actually readable. (Table and Lobby)
Implement a response to keyword 'stuci' to identify program within lobby or chat
Adjust program title to new name -- Using STUCI Windows (Logged in as zappa_engine)
Help menu (About screen for version info and simple quick usage help)

-To Do-
Implement the moves list on the table
Splash screen
Update the chessboard colors and chess piece graphics
Store scoring and ponder information to be available for table chat access (score, engine, offered even on viewable tables)
Adjust table chatter to display in correct tables (when multiple tables are open)
Login screen automatically popping up on start (and closing on successful connect)
Save username and password option, auto-login option (just enter captcha when you start program)
Show invitations, draw offers, and save offers, undo offers
A way to grab player information (win/lost etc)
Ping response
Auto-start fix (again with another program!)
Display a message when someone joins or leaves the table
Anti-idle timeout
Display a connected/disconnected to server info in lobby chat
Check for failed captcha entries and allow another attempt
Lobby user list
Basically clone Yahoo's java or flash interface
Table view filtering (show only people above certain rating, show only games with certain time controls, etc. A visual "seek" functionality)
Update/refresh ratings in table observers after each game
The Kibitzer channel - Details: It scrambles/decodes messages sent to the table so it looks like junk to casual observer but is prefixed. A STUCI client or any client at supports it will decode the message when it sees the prefix and display the information to a kibitzer channel. In this way, you can emulate chatter that the actual players don't see, but observers can comment on the game. The client wouldn't decode the message if it was an actual player (although it could... for unfair advantage?)

Blacklist changes: The client would announce spammed blacklist to the user in table chats or possibly lobby chat too. But if many users are using this program that would produce a lot more spam in the lobby with the notice. If people really aren't spamming they can type in the unlock code mentioned that is a unique generated keyword for their ID to un-blacklist themselves. There will be an option to boot or not boot when the blacklisted user joins a table. If the program is not auto-booting, the client can print a message with unlock code if the option is wanted. Also, the client can notify user that they are on ignore on join, again with the optional display unlock code. True automated spammers will probably not unlock themselves. A manual spammer probably could if they typed in the unlock code but it's unique to every user so they'd have to type in lots of unlock codes if they were blacklisted by many people for spamming, a pointless effort on their part. Another way to manage the blacklist publicly would be to display it in lobby if someone types in blacklist. It would only display a list of blacklisted users online. Then if they typed in 'unlock code' in the lobby, it would print the unlock code for them. Of course this is all on a timer so as to prevent the client from spamming. All other messages from those blacklisted users are ignored.

Internal Polyglot .BIN book read support without the need for polyglot (thanks to open source of polyglot)

That's just a starter list I suppose. Later on will check to see if there are any retro commands from STUCI Classic I want to implement.
mocklogin.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Concerning STUCI and why it's never really done... here's a metaphor: Instead of being a construction worker, I'd rather be an architect.

mocha_1961
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by mocha_1961 »

this looks very neat and organized. i can just see that your project will be a big success. good luck.
No matter how strong and dedicated a leader may be, he must find root and strength amongst the people.

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

Interesting Project 8)

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Oh My GOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDD! what can I say about this wonderful project?
I just.... :Bravo :Bravo :Bravo :Bravo :Bravo
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

Prima

Post by Prima »

Cudos to you zappa_engine. As the saying goes; "Variety is the spice of life". We wait in anticipation of what this new project is capable of.

vaibhav3002

Post by vaibhav3002 »

works on my pc (i already had .net framework 2.0 installed)

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Great, this new project runs ok here in my Windows Vista 64 bit...
I can now read the messages, something I couldnt using only chessy! :ok
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

Prima

Post by Prima »

First off, this is a great leap from previous chessy verson. Not that I had any numerous problems with chessy other than the occassional crashes, even in the middle of games.

On that note, I tried the STUCI Windows and it worked fine (though I didn't play anyone for reasons I will state soon). My concern is, for this STUCI Windows, I noticed an .ini file for Fruit engine. Not only that, but the format in writing the "engine options" differs from the "engine options" ini files for polyglot.

Do we have to create this "new ini format" for engines using this STUCI Windows?
As of now, I'm studying this new format to comprehend and make sense out of it and see if I can apply it on my own.

Thanks.

zappa_engine

Post by zappa_engine »

Okay, I've gone ahead and removed the compatibility test file. I've received about 5 comments or seen that it's ran okay and gotten no complaints that it didn't. Thanks for testing that everyone who downloaded the file.

So I'm going to say to those who are using some version of the program before it is intended to be and have concerns about it, even I don't know 100% the full functionality of the program. I am a studying the program itself, the code, and a brand new programming language to me. As time goes by though I will pick up and notice things. I will improve the robustness of the program. I will adjust little details to polish off the program. And then as I get more comfortable I will start adding features.

With regards to the fruit.ini file, I believe this is actually a separate .ini file from the one fruit or polyglot would use itself. It is specific to Chessy and also configured within Chessy. All UCI engines list their options when you say "uci"/hello to it. And Chessy simply builds those options dynamically into the GUI engine option window. It then saves the settings to an .ini file whether they are changed or they stay default. You really don't need to hand-edit that file, just load up Chessy and change the engine settings.

So in essence, don't worry about that .ini file. I would be sticking with this theme through out the development of this project in which every configuration is either done already, or done through the UI seamlessly. It is meant to be easy to use, and quick to setup.

Prima

Post by Prima »

Thanks for the STUCI Window-based-ini-file clarification zappa_engine. For a moment, I was taken aback as to how I can go about it but it's good news to know, once an engine is loaded in STUCI Window, the ini file is auto-created. I can't wait.

aks21155
Banned User
Banned User

Post by aks21155 »

hi zappa engine. this was also my pet project working on loose threads provided by chessy .on visual basics .i was thinking of combining three engines .

FRIST engine is book reader in which u can set parameaters for book reading irresrp of perf.

second engine is main engine.

third engine is book ex pander on idle mode.

Since u r working on this project i m dropping this idea'

wish u good luck

i m going fir long leave after loading yitoics reborn
"ANY SUFFICIAENTLY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY IS VIRTUALLY INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC" C. CLARKE

"IF I HAVE SEEN FURTHER, IT IS BY STANDING ON THE SHOULDERS OF GIANTS" ISAAC NEWTON

aks21155
Banned User
Banned User

Post by aks21155 »

Zappa one day
how can we contribute
"ANY SUFFICIAENTLY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY IS VIRTUALLY INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC" C. CLARKE

"IF I HAVE SEEN FURTHER, IT IS BY STANDING ON THE SHOULDERS OF GIANTS" ISAAC NEWTON

computerenthusiast

Post by computerenthusiast »

hi to all. i just made some fix on the images.. i just though u all may want to know.. it just my idea to change the images piieces for it will give more convieninent to the eyes

here is the screenshot.. tell me what do u think

how to install, just copy the folder and replace the orginal "images" folder at ur stuci
"STUCI_Windows_Source_080605\STUCI_Windows_Source_080605\Release\images"

heres the download fix

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vd1lpd