So where are the download links?

Polyglot here
zappa79

So where are the download links?

Post by zappa79 »

Ok, so I know that I can use this site: http://raitpref.hotbox.ru/ct-poliglot-book.htm to find out what the best book for polygot is!
But the BIG question is, where are the download links?

I searched this forum, and googled for the "ORO 1.2.bin" book, but I am unable to find it anywhere! :-(

Is it possible to download books from tha site, or is there another site where I can download the books tested?

Thanks in advance!

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: So where are the download links?

Post by Waldemar »

Some books in the test can be found here:

http://raitpref.hotbox.ru/ct-file.htm

Some can be found in our forum. And some are private.
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Be aware that that Tournament was played using Cyclone 3.4 as engine, not Rybka 3, not even Rybka 2.2 which is free. They were played in a single core Pentium at 3.0 Ghz. The timer for all the games was 4 minutes initial time plus 2 seconds per move increment.

Trust those results at your own risk.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

zappa79

Post by zappa79 »

matematiko wrote:Be aware that that Tournament was played using Cyclone 3.4 as engine, not Rybka 3, not even Rybka 2.2 which is free. They were played in a single core Pentium at 3.0 Ghz. The timer for all the games was 4 minutes initial time plus 2 seconds per move increment.

Trust those results at your own risk.

Cheers,
ok hmm, so what you are saying is that there is better books for polyglot/rybka 3 that are free/public, then what this site shows?
If so, then how do I find out what the best public books are, and where can I download them?

Thanks for answers, I am very confused right now! :(

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

What I am saying is that books need to be tuned for the engine that is going to use them, also important is that books need to be tuned for the time controls that the engine is going to be subject to.

I do not see much value in tournament results ran with Cyclone when most people uses Rybka 3 multi-processor and in my particular case ( I only play 1/0 games) I do not see the value on games played at 4/2.

Where are the best books?

The best books are rarely made public. You need to download and download and download and test and test and test until you find a book that you like.

The best option is to learn how to and make your own books, like lots of people do lately. Or just keep googling.

Sorry if this is not the type of answer you were looking for, but that is my opinion.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.