Optimize polyglot for best/strongest game?

Polyglot here
zappa79

Optimize polyglot for best/strongest game?

Post by zappa79 »

I have all the 3-4-5 and 6-men tablebases but they are in different folders, how do I make polyglot use the tablebases, and what settings should I change to optimize the performance?

How do I know that poliglot ponders? It seems like it´s only thinking on it´s on time, how do I get it to always think?

Are there any other settings that I can use to optimize performance?
I am new at poliglot so please go easy with me, I am willing to learn!

Thanks in advance!

zappa79

Re: Optimize polyglot for best/strongest game?

Post by zappa79 »

I have another question as well, I know that this is probably the wrong place to ask this, but I figure that someone should know this!

If I want to autoplay on FICS, and I want the computer to only accept one specific player/username, and everyone else will be rejected, what is the command for that?

Thanks in advance!

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Because a computer(bot) account with name is hard to get and because some other reasons, I don't think many people here or probablly nobody here plays at those sites. So I don't think anybody knows the answer. That's why I told you in another topic http://www.autochess.com/forum/post6705.html#p6705 (by the way, it will be nice of you if you take the time to thank the people that helped you)that you need to learn ICS commands.

Help yourself and google "fics commands".
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

zappa79

Post by zappa79 »

matematiko wrote:Because a computer(bot) account with name is hard to get and because some other reasons, I don't think many people here or probablly nobody here plays at those sites. So I don't think anybody knows the answer. That's why I told you in another topic http://www.autochess.com/forum/post6705.html#p6705 (by the way, it will be nice of you if you take the time to thank the people that helped you)that you need to learn ICS commands.

Help yourself and google "fics commands".
Yes, sorry about that! I usualy do thank people (as you will see if you look at some of my other posts! :oops: ), but I have had very much om my mind lately so I simply forgot about it!

Oh and the solution in the end to get things going was the "timeseal.exe" that I did not have in my computer, thats why the program always closed with an error!

So thank you so much for helping me out!

Oh and as far as the FICS commands goes, I have learned that there is no way to do that with a FICS server formula! But in fact the only way to achieve that is trough winboard or another interface, but how to do that I dont know?
So if anyone can help me that would be great, if not thats ok too, becouse I now know how to autoplay on FICS and I am very happy with that!

Thanks

alex0025

Post by alex0025 »

deep rybka 4 witch is the strongest engine rarely uses endgame tablebases can tell because i have the endgame turbo with all 5 and 12 six pieces engames ,and rybka performs much better when its set up not or rarely to access the egtb