Some Example .ini Engine Files

Polyglot here
Prima

Re: Some Example .ini Engine Files

Post by Prima »

lord_Sebzyy wrote:hei all I have 3 questions :D
1. Who can share here the toga II engine ?
2. Who can give me a good ini file with toga ?
3. Toga use Nalimov 3-4-5-6 or Scorpio Bitbases 3,4 & 5 ?
Please answer !

1. There are lots of Toga II versions. Specifically, which of these Toga II versions do you really want?

2. Togo UCIs, as far as I can remeber, does not have its .ini files. I have to assume by you requesting for an ini file for Toga, you're planning on using it in Polyglot.
If this is the case, to make an Polyglot_"X".ini file for any engine, simply load the desired engine into any GUI interface such as Fritz GUI, Arena GUI, Shreder GUI etc
to view "that" engine's UCI-options.

At this point, you want to create the .ini file and make desired options for the polyglot section : [Polyglot]. *see the Polyglot Read Me.txt
Then make the options for the engine section you saw from loading the engine into any GUI into the ini-engine section : [Engine].

3. All Togas including its derivatives such as Grape Fruit, Gambit Fruit, Cyclone, Cyclops, uses Scorpio Bitbases : Egbbs.

Prima.

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Prima wrote: If this is the case, to make an Polyglot_"X".ini file for any engine, simply load the desired engine into any GUI interface such as Fritz GUI, Arena GUI, Shreder GUI etc
Prima.
Just double click on toga.exe or whatever the name of the file is, a command prompt window will pop up. In that whindow type-> uci <- in lower case, and hit enter, all the engine options will be displayed, no need to load toga (or whatever other engine) in Fritz or Arena. :D

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

Prima

Post by Prima »

matematiko wrote:
Prima wrote: If this is the case, to make an Polyglot_"X".ini file for any engine, simply load the desired engine into any GUI interface such as Fritz GUI, Arena GUI, Shreder GUI etc
Prima.
Just double click on toga.exe or whatever the name of the file is, a command prompt window will pop up. In that whindow type-> uci <- in lower case, and hit enter, all the engine options will be displayed, no need to load toga (or whatever other engine) in Fritz or Arena. :D

Cheers,

Thanks matematiko.
I just learned something new from your post. I never thought it was possible to see an engine's parameters by typing in the command : UCI into an engine.exe.
I have to admit, loading engines into any GUI (the only method I knew then before seeing your post) just to see an engine's specific uci options was/is time consuming.

Prima.

lord_Sebzyy

Post by lord_Sebzyy »

Prima wrote:
matematiko wrote:
Prima.

Cheers,

Thanks matematiko.
I just learned something new from your post. I never thought it was possible to see an engine's parameters by typing in the command : UCI into an engine.exe.
I have to admit, loading engines into any GUI (the only method I knew then before seeing your post) just to see an engine's specific uci options was/is time consuming.

Prima.

THANKS ALL FOR REPLAY :X THX VERRY MUCH :ok

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

matematiko wrote:
Prima.

Cheers,
thank you very much matematiko; could we have access to these options? just to make buffer time at 10 instead of 0! take care!

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Hi tue_mouche. You have to create a ini file to rybka 3 with all those options or just edit it like mine

[Polyglot]
EngineDir=C:\YaY_Ultimate_3_Flash\Winboard_X
EngineCommand=Rybka3.exe (name of your engine here)
Book=true
BookFile=C:\YaY_Ultimate_3_Flash\Winboard_X\YaY.bin (name of your book here)
Resign=false ; to enable/disable resign
ResignScore=800
DrawOffer=true ; to enable/disable draw offer
DrawOfferMoves=11

[Engine]
Hash=128
NalimovPath=C:\egtb (path of your 3-4-5-6 men here)
NalimovCache=8
NalimovUsage=2
OwnBook=true
Max CPUs=2048
Preserve Analysis=1
Ponder=true
MultiPV_cp=0
Contempt Play=0
Contempt Analyze=0
UCI_Elo=2400
Time Buffer=10 (the speed you want here 0 to 900)
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

dene
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dene »

xsupremex wrote:UCI_Elo=2400
There is no need to declare certain options such as limit UCI strength/UCI_Elo in the polglot ini.

Without this option included at all, Rybka will simply default to max strength of play

Regards

Dene

tue_mouche
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by tue_mouche »

xsupremex wrote:Hi tue_mouche. You have to create a ini file to rybka 3 with all those options or just edit it like mine

[Polyglot]
EngineDir=C:\YaY_Ultimate_3_Flash\Winboard_X
EngineCommand=Rybka3.exe (name of your engine here)
Book=true
BookFile=C:\YaY_Ultimate_3_Flash\Winboard_X\YaY.bin (name of your book here)
Resign=false ; to enable/disable resign
ResignScore=800
DrawOffer=true ; to enable/disable draw offer
DrawOfferMoves=11

[Engine]
Hash=128
NalimovPath=C:\egtb (path of your 3-4-5-6 men here)
NalimovCache=8
NalimovUsage=2
OwnBook=true
Max CPUs=2048
Preserve Analysis=1
Ponder=true
MultiPV_cp=0
Contempt Play=0
Contempt Analyze=0
UCI_Elo=2400
Time Buffer=10 (the speed you want here 0 to 900)
hi sup! thx a lot; i edited all these options , the speed is still the same; i can't play a 1/0 game! can u play it ? if so show me this in adv_b to see ur speed! do u know bleedblack, ross...... ; they move at 1second/move! pleasant to see them playing! take care.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

Hi tue_. Most of the time Im in adv 3. If you still slow in Time Buffer=10 you also can try to increase it...Cuz it can go to 900, the max... You can try 20 for example. Good Luck!
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.