[Help] Rybka 3 Slow.

Polyglot here
DeepThought
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

[Help] Rybka 3 Slow.

Post by DeepThought »

Rybka 3 is slow, how can I make it faster so it can play blitz games?
I don't know half of you, half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you, half as well as you deserve. Confused? Good. Sign of normality.

DeepThought
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: [Help] Rybka 3 Slow.

Post by DeepThought »

Never mind. It seems that Rybka 3 wasn't slow at all (it's faster), it's the polyglot that makes it slowwww... I tried using UCI2WB and it works perfectly, and plays 1 min. games.
I don't know half of you, half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you, half as well as you deserve. Confused? Good. Sign of normality.

DeepThought
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DeepThought »

I didn't like UCI2WB much, so I searched for a fix, and found it!

http://www.geenvis.net/polyglot1.4w.zip
Runs without the need for cygwin1.dll,compilable with MSVC.
Polyglot 1.4w is based on polyglot 1.3w* that was adapted to run without cygwin1.dll and can be compiled with MSVC.
I have ported the changes to polyglot 1.4.Also some minor changes have been made f.i. eliminating sporadic timelosses.
Tested on amd opteron 275(winxp32) and on intel duo2core(Vista) in 1+1 and ponder tournament games with predefined start-positions.

Now it doesn't have problems with Rybka 3, and works great!

eliasgino2007
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by eliasgino2007 »

DeepThought wrote:I didn't like UCI2WB much, so I searched for a fix, and found it!

http://www.geenvis.net/polyglot1.4w.zip
Runs without the need for cygwin1.dll,compilable with MSVC.
Polyglot 1.4w is based on polyglot 1.3w* that was adapted to run without cygwin1.dll and can be compiled with MSVC.
I have ported the changes to polyglot 1.4.Also some minor changes have been made f.i. eliminating sporadic timelosses.
Tested on amd opteron 275(winxp32) and on intel duo2core(Vista) in 1+1 and ponder tournament games with predefined start-positions.

Now it doesn't have problems with Rybka 3, and works great!
Hi DeepThought, 8)

Thanks, I already tested Polyglot 1.4w and worked very well without the necessity more of cygwin1.dll.

By eliasgino2007! :ok

Fortress_Defense
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Fortress_Defense »

Setting time buffer to 11-13.

Normally, Rybka will just play with a 0 time buffer by default.
"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."