Greko.ini Question.

Polyglot here
Blackbirdx61

Greko.ini Question.

Post by Blackbirdx61 »

While not technically a Poly Question I think this is the best heading for my Question.

Just one more brief Question for tonight, I've been working with Greko 12.5 today with mixed results. While it seems certain the Android version worked on Aart Biks, app and allowed me to adjust the playing strength as I beat the thing in a long game.

I have not been able to get it to work on the Crafty Chess Interface at all, Crafty put the .ini file in the same folder as the engine; and if one tries to go through the Polyglot.exe the program simply does not work. Ok so the location of the .ini must be hardcoded into the progie. NP.

but whether one indicates the progie should use the Limit strength option as True, as indicated by the code I got from giving the application the uni query; or as a 1 as it would seem one should be the ini that comes with the zip. It simply does not work. At 1600 there is no way the application should be competitive with my Stockfish Engine, but over the course of at least a dozen test games it has more than held its own as I have been keeping Stockfish's Level between 10 and 15; at 15 I am guessing it should have an "Elo" close to 2000 and should crush GreKo if its behaving properly.

Anyhow if anyone has succeeded in making this app work via .ini file especially in terms of controlling its level; I would much appreciate it if you could post the text of the ini to LimitKnps=#### so I can compare your working text with my failing text and see whats what.
It might well be some simple thing like spacing that is messing this up. TY BB.

WriteLog=0
HashMB=32.0

UCI_LimitStrength=true
UCI_Elo=1600

LimitKnps=9999

Material=60
BoardControl=60
Mobility=40
PawnStruct=40

option name UCI_LimitStrength type check default false
option name UCI_Elo type spin default 2800 min 1600 max 2400