Polyglot Make-Book

Polyglot here
DeepThought
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Polyglot Make-Book

Post by DeepThought »

How can I do it, step by step?
I don't know half of you, half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you, half as well as you deserve. Confused? Good. Sign of normality.

distant

Re: Polyglot Make-Book

Post by distant »

i know how to do this. I have create a .bat file that can be run in windows. When I get more time I will zip them up and post them.

elcriollito

Post by elcriollito »

heyyyy forum this guy is an expert in Polyglot,

welcome distant,
I am glad to have u here
"The winner of the game is the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
- Tartakover -
https://t.me/ChessEnginesTournaments

Toga121par

Post by Toga121par »

I'm still new here but I want to share the links which helped me make my own polyglot book, and other details about it.

1.Start here: http://wbec-ridderkerk.nl/html/details/PolyGlot.html
This is the official site of "polyglot" by Fabien Letouzey. The instruction there will guide you through book-building,merging books and the proper use of polyglot adapter.
2. Marc Lacrosse is the main proponent who mastered the full potential of polyglot. Visit his two sites for the files and tutorials:
http://users.skynet.be/mlcc/chessbazaar/contents.html
http://chessbazaar.mylivepage.com/file
If you happen to know the strong performance.bin and varied.bin of the Fruit/Toga engines, he's the one who built it. Download his collection of ICC games, use pgn-extract to un-annotate/trim the pgn games and try your luck making your own books. Or you can visit Norm Pollock's website of pgn collections, recommended for book-building: http://hoflink.com/~npollock/chess.html
3. In case you want to get good polyglot books, Pavel Hase is a well-known Czech polyglot book builder. He also builds books for Loop, DeepSjeng, Romichess, Glaurung and his favorite -Spike.
You can find his works here: http://www.chesspraga.cz/spikebook.htm
He has made a lot of polyglot books to test!

If you want some special compiles for polyglot without using cygwin.dll, pls. send me a note together with your hardware and OS -Windows only.

I hope this small note helps. Thanks.

elcriollito

Post by elcriollito »

thats is good news,
thanks Toga121par
"The winner of the game is the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
- Tartakover -
https://t.me/ChessEnginesTournaments

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Toga121par,

We are very happy to have you here as a member......

Please keep up with the good, interesting and useful posts.

C heers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

mocha_1961
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by mocha_1961 »

distant wrote:i know how to do this. I have create a .bat file that can be run in windows. When I get more time I will zip them up and post them.
it's been 8 months distant. we are still waiting for your nice post regarding binbook making. maybe someone in this forum who is an expert in this can post a detailed tutorial . :ok :ok :ok
No matter how strong and dedicated a leader may be, he must find root and strength amongst the people.

il_konte

Post by il_konte »

Does anyone have any idea how to edit the weights for each move on bin books? , cos my book its playing some sporadic opening moves,will very much appeciated the help.

il_konte

Post by il_konte »

TheSicilian wrote:
il_konte wrote:Does anyone have any idea how to edit the weights for each move on bin books? , cos my book its playing some sporadic opening moves,will very much appeciated the help.

Hah you just copied and pasted the question I asked earlier and pssed it off as your own!!! lol
it could be,but have the same problem and as i dont speak english very well i copied some words there,no bad intention on me

il_konte

Post by il_konte »

dont mention i find the solution ,thanks to the great job of autochess forum,
for those who will search the same think here is the link

http://code.google.com/p/scid2/downloads/list

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

OK...just relax and move on.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

Aaron87747
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aaron87747 »

Okay everybody, many members have been asking for a very detailed summary of how to make bin book with pics, arrows, etc. Since now I have a program that lets me do it, I am now able to do it for all members :cheers:

Okay, first start off by opening Fritz and pressing F12 button on your keyboard.

Once you click the little icon, browse your computer until you find your database.

After that, you can choose to filter your database if you know it has unwanted games in it.

Otherwise, press Crtl + A (highlight all games) then go to File >>> New >>> Create Textfile.

Now after you choose where to save the PGN file to, you'll probably have to wait a while for it to convert to PGN (depending on the size of your database). Next, I suggest you create a folder entirely for book making and put Polyglot, Command Prompt, and you PGN database inside the folder.

Okay, now open command prompt and type in the destination path of your folder which you have all the stuff in. For example, mine is: cd desktop\chess\polyglot. Another one could be: cd C:\Bin_book_folder. But be sure to ALWAYS have the "cd (Space)" before you type the path or else it won't work. Once you have your destination path in command prompt, use any command that you wish to make your book. You can easily search through this forum for different commands but for beginners I would suggest using this one.
polyglot make-book -pgn games.pgn -bin mynewbook.bin -max-ply 200
NOTE: You will have to change the name of your PGN database to whatever it's called, unless you name it games.pgn then you're set :D After you type your command, press ENTER and wait until it's finished. It should then look like this in your folder

Vos aut intereo a vir , vel vos ago porro satis video vidi visum vestri fio latrocinium.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

I hope with one more explanation how to do, members find their way to make their own bin books and we all will have nice games using our own books with poly. Thx Aaron :Bravo
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

il_konte

Post by il_konte »

good job Aaron thanks!

Fortress_Defense
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Fortress_Defense »

So, what do you guys think is the best command?
"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."