polyglot.ini

Polyglot here
Prima

Re: polyglot.ini

Post by Prima »

Here's the solution for Using Winboard 4.5.3 + PolyGlot + YaY 3.2.2:

For INI File Settings:
When using INI-file setting for engines, the "problem" of NOT being able to use YaY 3.2.2 + any Winboard version + PolyGlot, lies in INI's EngineName=NameOfEngine option.

To elucidate, let's use Housini 1.5a for example. In EngineName=, instead of putting the engine's name:

Code: Select all

EngineName=Houdini 1.5a x64
Instead,

substitute Houdini 1.5a x64's name for PolyGlot, so that in your INI file, it looks like this instead:

Code: Select all

EngineName=PolyGlot
Problem solved. It now works with Yay 3.2.2.

For fUCI & sUCI Settings:
No solution. Why? That's because the fUCI/sUCI protocol is "direct" in that the actual engine's name can't be manipulated to fool YaY 3.2.2.

So, as can be seen, INI setting is better when using Winboard (of ANY version) + PolyGlot + YaY 3.2.2.

Prima

Post by Prima »

quade1337 wrote:prima do u have instant messenger??? It would be easier to communicate that way

Latest winboard works with chessbase. Latest winboard dosent work with polyglot.
How did u get rid of that message that me and xsupermex are getting?
I just explained it here (page 2 of this thread) http://www.autochess.com/forum/polyglot ... 47-15.html

quade1337
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by quade1337 »

syncstop seems to have fixed the problem. ty

Prima

Post by Prima »

quade1337 wrote: syncstop seems to have fixed the problem. ty
My mind was racy before so that the SyncStop=false escaped initial observations. Anyway, good to know the problem is resolved.

Try the solution offered for using YaY 3.2.2 + PolyGlot + Winboard 4.5.3 (or ANY version). All problems should vamoose now.

quade1337
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by quade1337 »

yep all problems are gone. TY.

Prima

Post by Prima »

quade1337 wrote:yep all problems are gone. TY.
Excellent. You're welcome

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Just out of curiosity, why don't you guys use Reborn SE?

Since everyone (except dene) abandoned me in POGO, maybe is time to resurrect YaY In C or C#?

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

Prima

Post by Prima »

I can't speak for others, but I'm comfortable with YaY - specifically YaY 3.2.2. That's because cheaters and/or thieves can't hide their room-entrance greetings (Hi !) and/or the table-entry greetings. So, I try to encourage and help those looking to use YaY 3.2.2. Besides, Yahoo has that "1/0 thrill" to it. I can't explain it.

Appertaining to Pogo, I have no idea why people aren't playing there. Though Pogo's lag-compensation is a good feature, 1/0 often feels like 1/1. Besides these, you have people like bisknight etc. deliberately leave/ disconnect from game when losing, and sometime Pogo don't adjudicate game-points to the rightful winner.

Then, there are "those" who make it a habitual nuisance to disturb tables with their incessant rants of owning a fictitious Rybka 5 beta (when Rybka 4 beta wasn't even out yet), and also owning a fictional 48 real cores @ 6.0GHz PC (when currently, 12 core PC exists)... :shock: :hhh . If not that, "they're" always in the process of ever-building a fictitious 48-core PC - year after year :hhh

I stopped by Pogo but didn't see anyone from Yahoo to play against. I didn't find anyone.
Anyway, I appreciate the YaY Team's work & gifts :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

Prima wrote:Though Pogo's lag-compensation is a good feature, 1/0 often feels like 1/1.
Yes, a 1/0 in POGO feels like a 1/1 in Yahoo (me and dene noticed that 2 years ago). But is more fair, I have no advantage while playing in Texas USA against a guy in India or Antarctica. (Too bad POGO lag compensation scheme IDEA is very good but its implementation was very defective, if your engine used 1.4 seconds thinking, they rounded to 1 second, they do not keep track of fractions of a second used and there is nothing YaY team can do about that).

But it seems that people prefers the trill of 1/0 at Yahoo than the fairness of 1/0 (acting like 1/1) in POGO.

You expressed your opinion, but you did not answer the question, Why some guys do not use Reborn SE?

I am asking this question for a very important reason....assuming that dene and I decide to continue development in YaY, we will do it only as long as there is no competition, do we care about competition? No in the sense that they can not deliver a product better than ours ( they have proved several times their......I will leave it blank).....after YaY not being developed or enhanced in the past two years, looks like they still have ways to catch up.

Their forum still very active, and therefore there must be several people using that software...I just want to know why others prefer YaY 3.2.1 or 3.2.2 instead or Reborn SE.

We do not promise anything....hell...as far as I can remember the source code is lost...we will have to start from scratch. (Although there is a slight chance, if I look hard, that I might have the source code stashed away somewhere).

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)

Prima

Post by Prima »

matematiko wrote:
Prima wrote:Though Pogo's lag-compensation is a good feature, 1/0 often feels like 1/1.
Yes, a 1/0 in POGO feels like a 1/1 in Yahoo (me and dene noticed that 2 years ago). But is more fair, I have no advantage while playing in Texas USA against a guy in India or Antarctica. (Too bad POGO lag compensation scheme IDEA is very good but its implementation was very defective, if your engine used 1.4 seconds thinking, they rounded to 1 second, they do not keep track of fractions of a second used and there is nothing YaY team can do about that).

But it seems that people prefers the trill of 1/0 at Yahoo than the fairness of 1/0 (acting like 1/1) in POGO.

You expressed your opinion, but you did not answer the question, Why some guys do not use Reborn SE?

I am asking this question for a very important reason....assuming that dene and I decide to continue development in YaY, we will do it only as long as there is no competition, do we care about competition? No in the sense that they can not deliver a product better than ours ( they have proved several times their......I will leave it blank).....after YaY not being developed or enhanced in the past two years, looks like they still have ways to catch up.

Their forum still very active, and therefore there must be several people using that software...I just want to know why others prefer YaY 3.2.1 or 3.2.2 instead or Reborn SE.

We do not promise anything....hell...as far as I can remember the source code is lost...we will have to start from scratch. (Although there is a slight chance, if I look hard, that I might have the source code stashed away somewhere).

Regards,
No idea why majority of the mass don't use Reborn SE. Granted I supported them at the inception of Reborn SE, I don't use Reborn SE in the long-term either. It was either YaY or STUCI for me.

True, that Pogo levels the playing field for those with bad lag. This has always been Pogo's main fortitude. However, IMHO, Pogo Server is full of exploit. The exploit has absolutely nothing to do with YaYp/YaY Team & its product. But those Pogo crooks seem to have ways to exploit the Pogo server and this is, perhaps, one of the factors contributing to the decline of people playing there.

I would be a bold-face liar pretending that it makes no difference if the YaY Team never focused Yahoo. So, please come back to Yahoo, or at least consider it. Understandably, YaY Team have made it clear that the possibility of returning to Yahoo is nil to none. Or at least, not a promise of doing so...

I would be at a loss for words IF YaY Team decides to come back to Yahoo. And I earnestly hope the YaY source code is located.

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

@ Prima, thanks! Works fine with EngineName=PolyGlot. :Bravo

@ Matematiko, because only YaY works in Yahoo. :mrgreen: I think Reborn SE stopped working 1 year ago.
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by matematiko »

XsupremeX wrote:@ Matematiko, because only YaY works in Yahoo. :mrgreen: I think Reborn SE stopped working 1 year ago.
A year ago? Nobody is maintaining it? What happened to Sunny I beleive his name was?

Regards,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,

unemployed
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by unemployed »

WELCOME TO YAHOO
What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do."

John Ruskin

Prima

Post by Prima »

XsupremeX wrote:@ Prima, thanks! Works fine with EngineName=PolyGlot. :Bravo
You're welcome, XsupremeX :wink: