Polyglot engines thinking moves display

Polyglot here
alex0025

Polyglot engines thinking moves display

Post by alex0025 »

back in 2008 i asked matematiko about something related to display the engine output thinking moves to the table at that time i saw this option in action while playing againts a dude at yahoo somehow the room were displaying the the thinking process of his/her program matematiko pointed me to http://wbec-ridderkerk.nl/html/download.htm witch was indee a good resource to learn about polyglot. after reading that page looks like the commands to get the job done were the following ones

KibitzMove <----suppost to display the moves
KibitzPV <------ Whether to kibitz when the PV is changed
KibitzCommand = tellall <-------replaced by Kib cause yay uses kib instead of tellall
KibitzDelay = 5 <-----dont matter much cause move kibitzes are always sent
regardless of the delay.

well after making the proper changes to polyglot.ini still wont display the engine output thinking moves to the table any 1 here knows what the hell is the problem? or if im doing something wrong? the ini configuration to display the moves should be as fallows

KibitzMove = true
KibitzPV = true
KibitzCommand = Kib
KibitzDelay = 5

matematiko
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Polyglot engines thinking moves display

Post by matematiko »

If you are playing in any sort of ICS ir FICS server...that is enough.

If you are playing in Yahoo using YaY, what you want is never going to happen....at least not with the public version.

YaYp filters all the "crap" sent by the engine and only reports the score, assuming "set kibscore" is set to true.....I dont even remember if this is an option available in the public release.

Cheers,
Using engines to cheat:
- It is not ethical,
- It is useless, nothing is gained (how can one be proud of a score earn with dishonesty?)
- You will be baned, sooner or later,
- It gives us (the true chess engine players) a bad reputation.

alex0025

Post by alex0025 »

i agree with matematiko this option its not included in the public release. its possible cause i saw it in action but its not public i never saw it again, not to mention that this was back in 2008 i dont recall if kibscore option was public back then either :smile20

vinuprro

Post by vinuprro »

thanks for sharing

Employee Time Software

Waldemar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Waldemar »

vinuprro » User banned for spamming forum!
4ut0 ch355 m3mb3r WALDEMAR...g00d g4m3 f0r 4ll...y4h000000! :ok